Real humans don’t do “SEO”
Answered => “Forum Linking is useful in SEO? Tell me answer with reason.” on Quora.
=> My answer…
Is it a good idea? I suppose. In 2013 is it the optimal idea? Perhaps not.
I’ve said this before (and I suspect) I’ll say it again…At the end of the day the Google index bot just wants to be human. It is simply an attempt to scale the human decision making process.
The Top 3 question to ask are:
1) Is this good / great for my target market / customers?
2) Is this good / great for my target market / customers?
3) Is this good / great for my target market / customers?
If you try to game the Google algorithm then:
1) You’re not focused on paying customers. Google or not, that by definition is a distraction. Don’t get sucked into SEO myths that were never a good idea (per Google) in the first place.
2) You’re subject to changes in the Google algorithm, as it continues its quest to be more human.
Ironic, isn’t it? You’re asking, “What would the algorithm think about this?” And the algorithm is asking, “What would a real human think about this?”